|PREHEAT oven to 375° F/190° C|
• 2 1/4 cups (510g) all-purpose flour
COMBINE in small bowl.
• 1 cup (2 sticks) (225g) butter, softened|
• 3/4 cup (170g) granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup (170g) packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
|Beat in large mixer bowl until creamy.|
|• 2 large eggs||Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.|
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) (340g) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels|
• 1 cup (225g) chopped nuts
|Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.|
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION: PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.