MOONCHILD'S TAROT EXPRESSIONSRegisterSearchFAQLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Link to first draft of Wands
Post Link to first draft of Wands 
Link to first draft of Wands
http://www.moonchild.ch/Tarot/DB/Wands/index_w.html

Last edited by Moonchild on Thu Jul 05, 2007 21:40; edited 3 times in total
Post Ace of Wands as Gifts of Spirit 
I really like The Gifts of Spirit as the Ace of Wands. Why?? Because the suit of wands is traditionally associated with fire, "cloven tongues of fire" seem a direct reference to the element of this suit; because the aces contain the root force of the suit and fire represents the energy that fuels our desires, to be filled with and empowered by spirit seems another way of saying the same thing. Finally, the image of Gifts of Spirit seems to echo the traditional image of all the aces as a hand from the sky,ie, the image of a gift from above.

Post Two of Wands as Cedars of lebanon 
Cedars of Lebanon seems, of the two, to be the only one that makes sense to me as I associate the two of wands with ideas, plans and purpose regarding a new enterprise or anticipated accomplishment while Peter and John at the Beautiful Gate seems, maybe, more a six of pentacles if anything but I can't wrap my mind around it as a new situation in the context of already existing success.

Post Five of Wans 
I hate to say this but I don't like either one as an image representing not victory or defeat but just chaos, conflict, competition, a loss of the security, harmony and disciplined organization of the fours.

I am more immediately familiar with the Jesus image though it contains an irony that I don't usually associate with the six of wands.

If this is a card of accomplishment that celebrates and honors victory achieved through effort and hard work, then it depends on which image is closer to that. I am not sufficiently familiar with the context of Mordecai to understand if Mordecai actually was being honored for some successful effort or if this is just an arbitrary whim... even to Mordecai the
Jew who sits by the gate.

Post six of wands 
I am more immediately familiar with the Jesus image though it contains an irony that I don't usually associate with the six of wands.

If this is a card of accomplishment that celebrates and honors victory achieved through effort and hard work, then it depends on which image is closer to that. I am not sufficiently familiar with the context of Mordecai to understand if Mordecai actually was being honored for some successful effort or if this is just an arbitrary whim... even to Mordecai the
Jew who sits by the gate.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1