Doré Bible Tarot Forum Index

MOONCHILD'S TAROT EXPRESSIONSRegisterSearchFAQLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
OT vs. NT
Post OT vs. NT 
It seems to be a question of OT vs. NT, or old law vs. new law, but both images seem so appropriate. I tend to prefer Jesus (new law), but Moses seems more--I don't know--powerful? traditional? archetypal? Unfortunately, the image of Jesus is poorer quality, since it's created from a small part of a larger image. Any opinions?

OLAL,
Moonchild

I am Dutch, so maybe I will use inorrect words. In my opinion Mozes is more of an ambigious figure. He encountered God (burning bush), but he also killed a man. Because of this ambivalence I like Mozes more than Jesus for the Hierophant. Hopes this helps you in choosing one of them. Beautiul tarot. Smile

Post Jesus VS Moses as hierophant 
I prefer Jesus on the Mount because I prefer a scene that is more about wisdom and compassionate living and less about tradition and the weight of the law. As recent biblical research confirms, Jesus was a Jewish teacher who sought to reform the faith of his fathers by restoring dignity to the powerless and the ostracized members of his society and a visionary who preached the kingdom within. This makes him, for me, a more ideal hierophant than Moses.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1